The third pull request for Release0.2

 This time I try to search for an issue which is about a new topic for me. 

After looking around from GitHub, I find an interesting issue from screen-recorder repo. The project can be implemented to show the window, but there is an error message "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'dialog' of 'remote' as it is undefined. ". In order to analyze the error, I fork the repo and download all of the files. I find the variable dialog comes from the variable remote and the remote comes from the electron dependency. Next, I try to figure out what "electron" is. 

Electron is an open-source software framework developed and maintained by GitHub. It allows for the development of desktop GUI applications using web technologies: it combines the Chromium rendering engine and the Node.js runtime. When studying the document of Electron, I see an example of dialog.

Dialog example


Comparing the usage of dialog from the author, I think the error was caused by a reference error. So, I fix this error and test it again. It works well. 

Test


Wonderful. Then, I created a new branch and push the changes from the new branch to the forked repo. After that, I launch a pull request to the author from GitHub. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practice git remote and git merge in lab4

Update the process about Release 0.4

Open source development course