The third pull request for Release0.2

 This time I try to search for an issue which is about a new topic for me. 

After looking around from GitHub, I find an interesting issue from screen-recorder repo. The project can be implemented to show the window, but there is an error message "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'dialog' of 'remote' as it is undefined. ". In order to analyze the error, I fork the repo and download all of the files. I find the variable dialog comes from the variable remote and the remote comes from the electron dependency. Next, I try to figure out what "electron" is. 

Electron is an open-source software framework developed and maintained by GitHub. It allows for the development of desktop GUI applications using web technologies: it combines the Chromium rendering engine and the Node.js runtime. When studying the document of Electron, I see an example of dialog.

Dialog example


Comparing the usage of dialog from the author, I think the error was caused by a reference error. So, I fix this error and test it again. It works well. 

Test


Wonderful. Then, I created a new branch and push the changes from the new branch to the forked repo. After that, I launch a pull request to the author from GitHub. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose a project in Release 0.4

Open source development course

Publish project in Lab 9