Promote myself

 This week we have an interesting work in our OSD600 course. I need to test my classmate's command-line tool and provide some advices. In the meantime, other classmate will test my code and help me to fix some issues. This is a small step which tell us how to collaborate within the open source world.

I have to say that I have a great testing experience for my classmate's code. First of all, I find his work through GitHub where we submit our assignment Release 0.1. After executing the first install command, I start to test. I test all the functions which are mandatory and some optional functions. All the functions work well and have the suitable output. When I look at all the files carefully, I find some small issues there. And most importantly, I lean a lot of things from his code. For example, how to use the attributes of "require('optimist').argv" and "readFile()". Below is the screen shot.


My classmate also helps me to find out my issues. I'm here to thank you for your patience. One of the issues is that I don't show the my exception information when I fail to read a file using "readFileSync()". I just throw the system error. I have fix it using "catch(err)".

Open source is an wonderful course and I love it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose a project in Release 0.4

Open source development course

Publish project in Lab 9